Popular wedding venue restaurant closed for 75 rodent droppings
By Romney Smith
DUVAL COUNTY, Fla. —The Restaurant Report visited three restaurants that were closed by health inspectors because of pest control issues.
Action News Romney Smith visited the Hilltop Club on Wells Road in Orange Park. Inspectors found 75 rodent droppings in the kitchen and an expired license.
An employee said their pest control company Eco Lab was called immediately to fix the mouse problem.
“They were out and they will be out more frequently in the future. They actually sealed up a lot of areas where we thought they might be getting in, and since then, we haven’t had any issues since then,” the employee told Action News.
Hilltop was allowed to reopen by inspectors the following day after applying for a new license and addressing the pest issue.
At the Philly Connection on Argyle Forest Boulevard, health inspectors found eight live roaches, dead roaches and cleaning sanitizer too weak to be effective. The restaurant was temporarily closed for one day to fix the problems.
Beaches Super Buffet on Beach Boulevard was also shut down for a day. Inspectors said they found 21 live roaches, dead roaches and a blackish-green mold-like substance inside the ice machine.
- Rodent activity found at Romano’s Macaroni Grill in Boca Raton
- State allows Buffet City to reopen after closing it
- Pests lead to trifecta of restaurant closures
- Health violations shut down Bo’s Ice Cream in Seminole Heights
- Orange County restaurant closures July 3-10
- ‘Severe evidence of rodent droppings’ helps close Avalon Mall restaurant
- Texas Panhandle resident contracts hantavirus